Terms and Conditions
This Terms & Conditions is a legal agreement between you and Wikicareer Sdn. Bhd. (“Wikicareer”). In this Agreement, "you" and "your" shall mean you individually as independent contractors and the entity on whose behalf you have signed up to create a profile in this Wikicareer App.
By using the Wikicareer app, you agree that you have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to the terms & conditions and all the conditions stated herein.
If you do not agree with the terms & conditions, please do not continue using the Wikicareer app or any service available to you by reason of the Wikicareer app. by accessing or using the service, you agree to be bound by these terms & conditions. if you disagree with any part of the terms & conditions, please discontinue your profile and do not access any parts of this service.
By registering to work under the Wikicareer App, you agree to the following terms and conditions:
- Independent Contractors: All user registered under Wikicareer are considered independent contractors of Wikicareer only and have declared that there is no agreement whatsoever to enter into any employment relationship with the company. As such, you are not entitled to any benefits, including but not limited to health insurance, retirement plans, or paid time off.
- Transportation: The Independent Contractors shall have their own transportation and be able to travel to the engagement venue at their own cost. The employer, recruiter, Wikicareer, and/or Wikicareer's clients are not responsible for reimbursing travel costs unless explicitly stated in the advertisement posted through the Wikicareer app.
- No Statutory Contributions: The Independent Contractors are solely responsible for paying your own taxes and other statutory contributions, including social security contributions, employment insurance, and employees provident funds. Any payment(s) towards the authorities for the Independent Contractor(s) has been and is purely based on the Independent Contractor’s free will and elected choice on the platform. Further, the Independent Contractor undertakes to disclaim liability towards as well as absorb and compensate Wikicareer Sdn. Bhd. in full on demand for any liability suffered with any third-parties and any of the authorities or other relevant government department that incorrectly treats the Independent Contractor as a taxable employee and/or partner.
- Responsibility for Work: The Independent Contractors are solely responsible for the quality of your work and for meeting any deadlines or other requirements set forth by clients. You are also responsible for obtaining any necessary licenses or permits required to perform your work.
- Payment: Wikicareer will pay you for your work on the platform in accordance with the payment terms agreed upon by you and the client. Wikicareer will deduct a commission from your earnings as compensation for providing the platform and related services.
- Use of the Platform: By registering to work under the Wikicareer, you agree to use the platform in a professional and ethical manner, and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations. You also agree to maintain the confidentiality of any information you receive through the platform, and to refrain from disclosing such information to third parties. To use the Wikicareer App, you must register for an account by providing certain personal information, including your name, contact information, and payment information. You agree to provide accurate, complete, and up-to-date information when registering for your account and promptly update your information if it changes. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your account login credentials, including your username and password. You agree not to share your login credentials with anyone else, and you agree to take steps to protect the security of your account, such as by using strong passwords and logging out of your account when you are finished using the Wikicareer App. You agree to notify us immediately if you become aware of any unauthorized access or use of your account, or if you become aware of any other breach of security related to the Wikicareer App. We reserve the right to suspend or terminate your account if we believe that your account has been compromised or used in an unauthorized or fraudulent manner. You agree that we may use various security measures to protect the Wikicareer App and your personal information, including firewalls, encryption, and other security technologies. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you provide to us, and you agree to take steps to protect your own personal information when using the Wikicareer App.
- Termination: Wikicareer reserve the right to terminate or remove your account as a Independent Contractors at any time, at its sole discretion, including but not limited to acts in breach of these Terms & Conditions. Furthermore, if the Independent Contractors is found guilty of gross misconduct, such as theft, fraud, bribery (giving and receiving), unauthorised possession of Wikicareer App or any other person’s property, unauthorised entry to computer records, dishonesty, falsification of accounts or documents, serious breach of Wikicareer’ rules or procedures, fighting or assault, use or threats of physical force against any person, deliberate or reckless damage to Wikicareer’ or client’s property, inability to perform the Services due to being under the influence of alcohol or drugs, acts of bullying and mobbing, sexual harassment or non-sexual harassment, serious breach of trust or confidentiality, inappropriate behaviour that causes offence or distress to others, or downloading illegal software on Wikicareer’ property, then the Independent Contractors will be immediately removed from the Wikicareer App without needing to take any of the steps above, in addition to being liable for damages.
- Liability: You acknowledge that Wikicareer is not responsible for any liability arising out of your use of the platform, including but not limited to any liability for personal injury or property damage that may occur as a result of your work on the platform. You agree to indemnify and hold Wikicareer harmless from any claims, damages, or other liabilities that may arise as a result of your use of the platform.
- Consequences of Violation: In the event that you violate any of the terms and conditions of this agreement, Wikicareer reserves the right to take appropriate action, including but not limited to terminating your access to the platform, withholding payment for any work you have completed, and pursuing legal remedies to recover any damages or losses incurred as a result of your violation.
- Governing Law: This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the jurisdiction in which Wikicareer is incorporated, without regard to its conflict of laws principles.
By registering to work under the Wikicareer App, you acknowledge that you have read and understand these terms and conditions, and agree to be bound by them.
- Collection of Personal Information: We may collect personal information from you in various ways, including when you register to use the Wikicareer App, when you communicate with us, and when you use our services. The types of personal information that we may collect can include your name, contact information, payment information, and other information that you provide to us.
- Use of Personal Information: We may use your personal information for a variety of purposes, including to provide you with access to the Wikicareer App and related services, to communicate with you about your account and our services, and to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements. We may also use your personal information to improve our services, to personalize your experience on the Wikicareer App, and to prevent fraud or other unlawful activity.
- Sharing of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties in certain circumstances, such as to process payments, to provide customer support, or to comply with legal or regulatory requirements. We may also share your personal information with our affiliates, subsidiaries, or other related companies, for the purposes of providing you with services or improving our services.
- Protection of Personal Information: We take the security and protection of your personal information very seriously, and we have implemented various technical and organizational measures to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal information. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you provide to us, and you should take steps to protect your own personal information when using the Wikicareer App.
- Access to Personal Information: You have the right to access and modify any personal information that we hold about you, and you may do so by logging into your account on the Wikicareer App. You may also request that we delete any personal information that we hold about you, although we may be required to retain certain information for legal or regulatory reasons.
Users Representations, Warranties and Undertakings
By using the Wikicareer App, you represent, warrant and undertake that:
- You are at least 18 years of age or have the legal capacity to enter into these Terms.
- You will comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with your use of the Wikicareer App.
- You will provide accurate, complete, and up-to-date information to us, and you will promptly update your information if it changes.
- You will not use the Wikicareer App for any unlawful, fraudulent, or malicious purpose, or in any manner that infringes upon the rights of others.
- You will not interfere with or disrupt the operation of the Wikicareer App or any servers or networks connected to the Wikicareer App.
- You will not attempt to gain unauthorized access to any portion of the Wikicareer App, or to any other accounts, computer systems, or networks connected to the Wikicareer App.
- You will not use any robot, spider, scraper, or other automated means to access the Wikicareer App or to collect data from the Wikicareer App.
- You will not transmit any viruses, worms, or other malicious code to the Wikicareer App, or to any other users of the Wikicareer App.
- You will not use the Wikicareer App to promote or advertise any products or services, or to send unsolicited messages or communications.
- You will not impersonate any other person or entity or misrepresent your affiliation with any other person or entity.
- You will comply with all of the terms and conditions of these Terms, as well as any other applicable policies or guidelines posted on the Wikicareer App.
If we believe that you have violated any of these representations, warranties or undertakings, we may suspend or terminate your account or take any other action that we deem appropriate, in our sole discretion.
Wikicareer Representations, Warranties and Undertakings
Wikicareer represents, warrants and undertakes that:
- The Wikicareer App will be provided in a professional and workmanlike manner, and will be free from defects in material and workmanship.
- The Wikicareer App will conform to any applicable specifications and requirements, and will be fit for any purpose for which it is intended.
- Wikicareer will use reasonable efforts to ensure that the Wikicareer App is available for use by users, subject to any scheduled or unscheduled downtime or maintenance.
- Wikicareer will comply with all applicable laws and regulations in connection with the operation of the Wikicareer App.
- Wikicareer will use commercially reasonable efforts to respond to any user inquiries or requests in a timely and professional manner.
If Wikicareer breaches any of these representations, warranties or undertakings, and such breach is not cured within thirty (30) days after notice from a user, then the user may terminate these Terms and discontinue use of the Wikicareer App.
AMENDMENTS AND UPDATES
Wikicareer may modify, update and amend these Terms & Conditions at any time. It is your responsibility to review the Terms & Conditions regularly. Your continued use of the Wikicareer App after the modification, updates and amendments to the Terms and Conditions, whether or not reviewed by you, shall constitute your agreement to be bound by such amendments.
Last updated: November 23, 2021