PRIVACY NOTICE PURSUANT TO PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION ACT 2010 (“PDPA”)
This privacy notice (“Notice”) is issued to all prospective and/or existing customers, participators, suppliers, vendors, independent contractors and service providers in WIKICAREER SDN. BHD [Company No. 201901035279 (1344609-V)] (“Wikicareer”) pursuant to PDPA.
For the purposes of this Notice,
“Personal Data” means all information in respect of commercial transactions that relates directly or indirectly about an individual who is identified or identifiable from that information alone.
“Processing” means collecting, recording, holding or storing data, organising, adapting or altering data, using, referring to, retrieving or consulting data, disclosing or transferring data or otherwise making the data available to third parties, aligning, combining, correcting, erasing, destructing or destroying data.
COLLECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
In the course of your dealings with us, we may request and collect your Personal Data which includes but is not limited to your full name, nationality, identification number and/or passport number, ethnicity, preferred language choice, height, weight, date of birth, passwords provided to Wikicareer, profession, company name, job title, personal interests or preferences such as language, product or content interests, communicating and marketing preferences, contact details such as contact number, email address, postal address, date of birth, age and gender, your photographs or images, videos, bank accounts details, account details, any and all of your details shared on social media platforms which we are given access to and any other information of which you may be identifiable from or which may identify you that we deem necessary from time to time in connection with the commercial relationship between you and us.
SOURCES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We collect your Personal Data from yourself and a variety of legitimate sources, including but not limited to:-
- information provided by you through amongst others, forms or through website (if any);
- information keyed into our “Wikicareer” app or any other application that is created by Wikicareer;
- third parties such as third party service providers including social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Tiktok, business partners, credit references agencies and/or publicly available sources of information, including but not limited to those platforms in which you have given Wikicareer access to;
- your provision of Personal Data at events sponsored or organised by us or our Affiliates;
- your participation in our questionnaires and surveys;
- your provision of business cards or Personal Data that are given to the employees, clients or business associates of Wikicareer or to our Affiliates;
- your voluntary distribution of materials about your personal information;
- the lawyers, consultants, auditors, accountants, bankers and/or any other parties with whom you or we are dealing with; and
- such other written and/or verbal communications between you and any authorised agents Wikicareer and our Affiliates.
PURPOSE OF COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Data will be collected, processed and used by us for the following purposes (collectively known as “Purpose”):-
- to communicate with you;
- to provide products and/or services to you;
- to respond to your enquiries or complaints;
- to process your registration to our events;
- to process relevant payments made to you, if any;
- to allow you to access our platform and application for you to apply for job postings;
- to provide you with information and/or updates on the present and future promotions, developments in the relevant industry, other products, services and/or promotions offered by Wikicareer and selected third parties which may be of interest to you from time to time by SMS, phone call, email, fax, mail, social media and/or any other appropriate communication channels;
- to send you seasonal greetings messages from time to time;
- to send you invitation to join Wikicareer’ future membership, events and promotions and events (if any);
- to monitor, review and improve Wikicareer’ future membership, events and promotions, products and/or services;
- to process and analyse your Personal Data either individually or collectively with other individuals;
- to conduct market research or surveys, client profiling activities, planning and statistical analysis within Wikicareer and the Affiliates in relation to the present and future developments in the relevant industry, other products and/or services;
- to share any of your Personal Data with the auditor for internal audit purposes;
- to maintain and improve customer relationship;
- to maintain and update internal record keeping;
- for internal administrative purposes;
- for detecting, investigating and preventing fraudulent, prohibited or illegal activities;
- for enabling Wikicareer and its Affiliates to perform its obligations;
- for meeting any applicable legal or regulatory requirements and making disclosure under the requirements of any applicable law, regulation, direction, court order, by-law, guideline, circular or code applicable to Wikicareer;
- to enforce or defend Wikicareer’s rights and your rights under, and to comply with the applicable laws, legislation and regulations; and/or
- for other purposes required to operate and maintain Wikicareer and the Affiliates’ business,
and you agree and consent to us, using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
DISCLOSURE TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your Personal Data to the following third parties including:-
- the Affiliates of Wikicareer and their respective employees;
- your immediate family members and/or emergency contact person as may be notified to Wikicareer and/or the Affiliates from time to time;
- Wikicareer’ business partners and Affiliates that provide related products and/or services in connection with our business;
- Wikicareer’ clients and its relevant agencies relevant to the job in which you have applied for via the Wikicareer application or the platform;
- any person under a duty of confidentiality to which has undertaken to keep your Personal Data confidential which Wikicareer has engaged to discharge obligations to you;
- any party in relation to legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- our auditors, consultants, accountants, or other financial or professional advisers;
- data centres and/or servers located within or outside Malaysia for data storage purposes;
- payment channels including but not limited to financial institutions for purpose of assessing, verifying, effectuating and facilitating payment of any amount due to Wikicareer or the Affiliates in connection with your service provided to Wikicareer or its Affiliates or to Wikicareer’ ultimate clients or relevant agencies;
- government agencies, statutory authorities, industry regulators and other similar authorities;
- our contractors or third party service or product providers as may be necessary or appropriate;
- any persons, authorities or regulators to whom Wikicareer is permitted or required to disclose, in accordance with its contractual obligations with third parties or under the applicable laws; and/or
- the general public when you become a winner in a contest by publishing your name, photographs and other Personal Data without compensation for advertising and publicity purposes.
CONSEQUENCES OF REFUSAL / FAILURE TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
The supply of your Personal Data to us is voluntary. However, in the event you choose not to provide your consent or subsequently withdraw your consent to the processing of the Personal Data by us, we will be unable to fulfill our obligations to you in relation to the Purpose.
Please also take note that your failure to provide us your Personal Data may result in amongst others, the following:-
- our inability to communicate with you on the products or provide the services you require;
- our or your inability to comply with any legal or statutory requirements;
- our inability to provide you with updates about our latest launches and/or promotions and/or services and/or products available to you.
YOUR RIGHTS OF ACCESS TO, CORRECTION, AND LIMITING THE PROCESSING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
You may at any time hereafter request to access to your Personal Data and have a copy of it by submitting such request in writing. If you are of the view that your Personal Data is inaccurate, misleading, incomplete or out-of-date, you may also make a request in writing for correction.
If you do not wish to receive notifications and marketing materials from us or would like us to cease processing your Personal Data in a specified manner, you are entitled to submit a written request for such restriction of the processing of your Personal Data. We will take reasonable endeavours to comply with your request. We may, however, refuse to comply with the requests under circumstances as permitted by law.
Any abovementioned requests, enquiries or complaints with respect to your Personal Data may be submitted to us in writing, to the following address :-
Name of Company: WIKICAREER SDN. BHD.
Contact No.: +603 5037 9905
Address: NO. 20-3, SETIA AVENUE, JALAN SETIA PRIMA S U13/S, SEKSYEN U13, SETIA ALAM, 40170 SHAH ALAM, SELANGOR DARUL EHSAN, MALAYSIA.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Data is protected from unauthorised access and misuse. We also require all our data processors to take reasonable security measures in the processing of your Personal Data.
You are advised to initiate review of your Personal Data. Upon receipt of your written requests for correction of your Personal Data, we will take reasonable steps to rectify the Personal Data which is inaccurate, incomplete and not up-to-date unless we consider there are justifications for refusing to comply with your requests.
CHANGES TO THE PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION NOTICE
We reserve the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice online through our website and/or the Wikicareer application. By continuing to deal with us or by engaging us following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, it is deemed that you have accepted such modifications, updates or amendments unless you have expressly stated otherwise in writing to us.
You will be deemed to have consented to allow us to collect, record, hold, store, process and deal with your Personal Data until and unless we receive written notice to the contrary from you.
Last updated on 23rd November 2021